Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Slipstream SP1 into Windows XP Pro Corporate

Has anyone tried this yet, slipstreaming SP1 into Windows XP Pro Corporate, that is? I'm in the middle of it. I made the CD and am installing it and got all the way up to copying installation files and it messed up with two files:

Source - [CDDRIVE]\I386\WBDBASE.IT_ -- Destination - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbdbase.ita
    Source - [CDDRIVE]\I386\WBDBASE.NL_ -- Destination - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbdbase.nld

Then, while Windows was installing, the following was missing as well:

Source - [CDDRIVE]\I386\HAND1.GI_ -- Destination - C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\hand1.gif

It says it cannot copy the files. The files ARE there... I checked... I skipped the files and I am proceeding with the install and I will see what happens. Anyone know what the first two files do anyway, or how to adjust the slipstream of the service pack for these errors?

Thanks.

this can sometimes happen when copy from a burned disk, try a different drive or different brand blank cd

Thread Information