Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Explorer crashes

:snip: When trying to recover any files in my temporary internet file folder, explorer either returns an error message( which varies) or totally crashes and closes itself. The main problem is that when I open the Temporary Internet Folder the contents of the folder start to populate the screen and whenever I use the side scroll bar it I can normally scroll down about 10 to 15 files and then the text on the screen cuts itself in half then the scrollbar stops working and explorer closes down. The error messages only appear very seldom. I will try to post the error messages soon.
    :cheers:
    You decide !

Some more info might help. What do you mean by "recover"? There can be more than one temporary internet file folder, what is the path to this directory? What are the file extentions of the files you are working with? What os are you running? What browser? How about a couple of examples of the error messages. Some of us might be able to help if we had a better understanding of the problem.

The path to the files is.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Temporary Internet Files

The main problem is that when I open the Temporary Internet Folder the contents of the folder start to populate the screen and whenever I use the side scroll bar it I can normally scroll down about 10 to 15 files and then the text on the screen cuts itself in half then the scrollbar stops working and explorer closes down. The error messages only appear very seldom. I will try to post the error messages soon.
    You decide !

Had same sort of problem, could it be spy ware?
    Try Lavasoft's "ad aware". It found on my computer 83 times Gator in allmost every directory. After ad-aware removed them IE 6 runs fine again.

How about deleting temporary internet files at all? With all offline content, history and cookies? If this is possible under your circumstances this might help...: peace:
    Dmitry

yeah really irritating!:afro:

...or you can check for BHO's ( Browser Helper Objects )
    BHOs are a special type of add-in for Internet Explorer 4 or higher. Their unusually tight integration with Explorer allows them to be used in a myriad of ways, but also can lead to problems. Poorly written BHOs can cause Explorer to crash. Also, BHOs can conflict with each other, causing problems with Explorer.
    There was a program available at www.pcmag.com called BHO Cop... : peace:
    Dmitry

Thread Information