Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows XP Corp and Windows Update?

HI Folks
    I have a problem that I hope you lot can help me with.

I'm running a corp version of xp (Devils own) and wanted to upgrade to sp1. Knowing this wasn't possible with the key that I had ( the FCKGW one), I got hold of the bluelist key generator and generated a bluelisted cd key. I then installed sp1 final, this went without a problem, but now when I click on windows update, it takes me to the page and when I click on 'scan for updates' it searches and quickly counts to 100 % and says 'there are no updates availible for your computer, check back later' Is this because I'm running a corp version of windows xp and microsoft has blocked my cd key, even tho' I generated it using the bluelist key gen and sp1 installed fine?

I was under the impression that a bluelisted cd key wouldn't be blocked by MS and could still use windows update to grab the latest updates or am I completely wrong?

If this is the case is there a way around it? Making windows update work again?

Thanks in advance

TEL

Yes and also another thing I've just remembered.

I applied the generated key before I installed sp1 to windows XP and went to windows update before installing sp1 final and got the same message mentioned above, it didn't even list sp1 final as a downloadable upgrade for my pc. I had to download sp1 final from other source.

So is there a way to get windows update working again?

well, the same has happen to me. I was working around with the url and i decide to try without "default asp, and i get the scan results to 100%.

One day after i decide to go again to windows update and it was working, but now i didnīt change anything....

On it scans to 100% quickly and I get the message' No updates for you computer, check back later'. On my mates pc who has windows xp retail legit, when he scans windows update, it lists .netframe work, euro conversion tool and window media player 9. This is after he installed sp1.

Can anyone explain why mine is picking up these updates and his is?

Thanks tel

On mine it scans to 100% quickly and I get the message' No updates for you computer, check back later'. On my mates pc who has windows xp retail legit, when he scans windows update, it lists .netframe work, euro conversion tool and window media player 9. This is after he installed sp1.

Can anyone explain why mine isn't picking up these updates and his is?

Thanks tel

anyone know?

Just do clean install with new number and you should be OK

Wow thats a bit drastic, is there anyother way to achieve this, without doing a clean install. As I've collected alot of software and stuff, I wouldn't want to a clean install, unless absolutley nessacery.

Follow the steps on this site to change your key: http://www.trwhotfilez.kit.net/xpsp1....html#Generate

It generated 2 keys for me and they work!!

Yep Grease you were right, tried everything, nothing would work. Did a clean install with the generated number and Windows update is working perfectly

Thanks folks for all your replies

TEL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information