Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: xp start menu problem

the start menu on xp usually has the most frquently used programs on it as well as whatever you have pinned to the top, separated by a divider. for some reason on my pc it only shows the pinned programs and none of the recently used progs. there is no divider either. i think it may be something i have done by accident in the registry or group policy cos i was fiddling about before it happened. thanks:cheers:

hi
    if go fidding around in the .reg you need to back it up, so you can patch it up if somthing go's wrong. And too do a save point (:
    all i can say is try a save point before this happen, and allways check to see if you have a virus they can do funny things.

Hi, Go to start and right click it and then pick properties. You will see a button "cistomise" check that to see if you have altered anything.

I have a box with a 6 in it and that is how many I have it might be you have changed this to 0. Peace Mal
    Peace Mal

i fixed it in group policy

Hi, I don't know much but I think messing up and correcting it, down loading and trying new programs and talking on the forums are the joy of computers.

I started many years ago with a comp that used an audio tape recorder to load programs. We had to type the programs from magazines. Usually we made a typo but even more frustrating was the magazine made one and it would take a month before a reprint would be available.

Unfortunately I am ill which restricts the time I could spend at the comp. and I never progressed as much as I should have. Peace Mal:devil:
    Peace Mal

Thread Information