Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ServicePackFIles

Once the installation of SP! has been completed and everything is working ok, is there any need to keep the folder C:|windows\Servicepackfiles

Can i go ahead and delete this? As it seems this would free up about 200MB of space on my HDD (considering my 40gb IBM drive has ****ed up, i'm operating on a crappy 10gb and 200MB would be quite useful)

Yes there is a need to keep this folder because it contains all the files that Service Pack 1 installed on your computer so if you delete it you could cause problems, if you are that bothered about the space it uses then uninstall SP1 because there is not a lot of difference between SP1 and the first one, Microsoft brought this version out to partly prevent users of cracked versions of Windows XP from downloading future updates plus any cracked versions i.e. beta versions, will not work after installation of the Service Pack.

Thread Information