Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: XP log in?

Ok guys, I need your help here. I upgraded my friends pc from W2K to XPPro. Had no problems with the installation or anything. The thing is, when you turn on the pc, it doesn't prompt me for the password to log into windows. It bypasses the log in window and automatically logs right into the administrator account even when the account is password protected. I also created some additional accounts and password protected them but it still automatically loads in the administrator account. I even turned on the guest account and it doesn't work. The only way to get into the other accounts is for it to load into admiinistrator then either log off or switch users. My question is how do I fix this or is there a way?

I haven't had this problem (yet) so I'm not sure this will help but here's a guess.
    Go to "Start", "Settings", "Control panel", "Administrative tools", "Local security policy". Under the Security settings is a folder called "User rights assignment" and in this folder is a line (in the right pane) "Log on locally". Right click on this and select "properties". I'll try to post a pic (been a lot of problems with pics on the forum lately). Power users and users should be in the list.
    Can't post a pic!

Thread Information