Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Go back to "Home" from "Pro"

My box came with XP home and I bumped it up using what seems to be a not terribly legal copy of XP Pro. I've tried the various ways to change the key... all w/o success (the activate windows don't come up... nothing happens when I run msoobe.exe, and I do not have any spy ware on my box (At least according to ad-aware)

So, my question is, how can I roll this back to XP Home? What do I delete, etc.

Thanks!

If you downloaded a program called "XP-Antispy" then you will need to run it and re-activate the WPA dlls needed for sp1 and the activation process. (namely licdll.dll & regwizc.dll)

if XP-Antispy rings no bells with you, then the validity and reliability of your XP Pro cd is in serious doubt.
    If you chose the option to backup files needed by windows during the pro upgrade, then you might be able to uninstall pro from the add/remove control panel applet.
    ...or maybe not. Im not that experienced with home->pro scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut Zer0
    If you downloaded a program called "XP-Antispy" then you will need to run it and re-activate the WPA dlls needed for sp1 and the activation process. (namely licdll.dll & regwizc.dll)

if XP-Antispy rings no bells with you, then the validity and reliability of your XP Pro cd is in serious doubt.
    If you chose the option to backup files needed by windows during the pro upgrade, then you might be able to uninstall pro from the add/remove control panel applet.
    ...or maybe not. Im not that experienced with home->pro scenarios.
    Nope... I didn't download it... I have been using a thing called "Ad-Aware" which searches for spy programs and allows their removal.

I understand, that is I have a vauge memory of a restor function, and used it on another friend's computer to return her's to ME from this same disc... but I can't remember the process, and thought I'd ask around here.

Thread Information