Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: How to Install SP1

Hello,
    I am an unexperienced woman, who wants to try to install SP1, which I have already downloaded.
    I have printed the 7 pages of the Tweak Town Document about this subject.
    I have a personal firewall and Norton Antivirus running.
    Do I have to disable these two programs before to start the terrifying procedure (terryfying for me)?
    I still don't know being brave enough to begin with 'Let's Get Started'. Therefore my questions.
    I hope there is somebody who can set my mind at ease and could answer my questions as mentioned above.
    Thanks in advance and I do hope you understand what I have trying to explain, because my English is not so good as I want it to be.
    Kind regards
    Bodero.

Just do exactly what is written in "Let's get started".

I'm downloading SP1 right now, so I can't say if it's working or not but it looks very solid to me. I already changed my key :D :D and it worked perfectly.

And for your firewall and NAV they should be able to stay on, but if you want to be sure: disable them both and unplug from the internet for the moment. Run SP1, reboot, plugin your internet connection and all should be working fine.

Good Luck

I just run SP1 ( it took me appr. 15 minutes) and It all workes fine.

I had NAV still running.

Do as discribed and it will work.

:cheers:

hi
    for starters your installing xpsp1 on a xp os, i have seen other forums where people trying to install xpsp1 on other operating systems like win me, win 2000. yes desable your antivirus! more info go here http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/p...1/readmesp.asp Before you begin the installation, remember to perform a complete back up of all your files on your computer and close all open programs. If you cant aford to lose anything or really paranoied. try to be at ease, its not that bad(-: if it was me i would go for the gold, and try about any thing. some people have had problems with xpsp1 upgrade, as you see reading tweaktown forums. alot people like me has not had any difficulty with the sp1 upgrade. you don't here about that.

good luck

Thread Information