Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Window xp and blank cds

HI

I've just reinstalled windows xp pro. Now when I insert a blank cd the autoplay dialogue pops up asking me would i like to create a disk with nero. What I was wondering was how do I activate windows own inbuilt cd recording software? Before i reinstalled xp when I inserted a blank cd, I used to get the option of using xp's recording software. Now when i try to open my cdrw drive with a blank cd in it, it's says please insert a cd ! So it obviously doesn't recongise the fact that there is a blank cd in the drive like it used to.

Thanks Tel

I don't think you can. WHen you install a cd burning utility such as nero it takes priority.

Open "My computer"
    right click on the cd/rw drive and select properties
    select the "auto play" tab
    in the little window for selecting content type, scroll down to the last item (blank cd) and select it
    check "select an action"
    choose "open writable cd folder"

This may fix it, I don't know for sure because I always use Nero. When I read about how stripped down an app the Windows burning software was, I decided not to use it before I ever installed xp. I'm pretty sure I disabled it (I don't remember) because it doesn't show up on my computer anywhere.

nothing seems to come for opening a writable folder

What options come up?

Just the 'create cd with nero' dialogue

That's strange. I have Nero 5.5 and am running winxp pro. Nero doesn't even show up as an option when I open properties for my burner and select "blank cd" . The only options are: "open writable cd folder" and "take no action".

Thread Information