Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: unmountable boot device

hi... i have this problem with win xp and would like to know if anyone can help me out.. i have a cyber cafe with a bunch of computers.. but lately, a couple of my computers are having problems... it says on the screen unmountable boot device w/ a blue screen.. i was wondering if anyone can help me out and tell me how to solve and fix the problem without having me to reinstall the machine or ghost it... any help would be greatly appreciated...

by the way the machines are running amd 1800 processors w/ a7s333 motherboards...

thanks!!

Tony

Sounds like they are not seeing the hard drives or are looking somewhere else for the boot os.

yes... that is y there should be a easier fix then reinstalling it, all over again..

i also had the same problem before, sorry to say but i think that you really have to reinstall your XP.

isn't it that that error tells you something like

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME/DEVICE

***STOP (a bunch of numbers and codes)

i reformatted my disk and to no avail i found out that my disk already had bad sectors. i just downloaded and ran the disk corrector from maxtor website and started installing xp again.

I've also had this error.

Solution here

thxs a lot.. i will give it a try

Thread Information