Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Xp Pro SP1

Hi All,
    Just a question, I have been reading the MSI for the Service pack. What are the references to " DO FAKE INstall"? they appear several times in package. How can one know for certain that all the registry changes aand file updates have been made?(I know the file versions can be checked etc...)

Chaz

can you tell me where you found the file at? complete path if possible so I an have a look. You have peaked my curiosity

It could be some built in test thing, just to seee if that part applies to you.
    Just a thought?

Hi,
    Its in the "update" directory, the file is update.msi. it reads as follows, I think there are other instances I saw as well...

Verify that you have sufficient privileges to modify the security permissions for this file.Microsoft requires use of the "Machine Assigned" distribution method when using Update.msi. Description of SimpleSimple FilesDoInstall OR DoUninstallDoInstall OR DoFakeInstallDoUninstall OR DoFakeUninstall(LogonUser <> "SYSTEM") AND NOT (REMOVE="ALL")DoInstall AND AdminUser AND NOT (UILevel=2 OR UILevel=4 OR UILevel=5)DoInstall AND AdminUser AND (UILevel=4 OR UILevel=5)DoInstall AND AdminUser AND (UILevel=2)DoInstall AND NOT AdminUser AND NOT (UILevel=2 OR UILevel=4 OR UILevel=5)DoInstall AND NOT AdminUser AND (UILevel=4 OR UILevel=5)DoInstall AND NOT AdminUser AND (UILevel=2)NOT (REMOVE = "ALL") AND NOT (SystemUILanguage = ProductLanguage)Installed AND (REMOVE = "ALL") AND (SystemUILanguage = ProductLanguage) AND (PackageSP = ServicePackLevel) And (NOT VersionNT64)Installed AND (REMOVE = "ALL") AND (SystemUILanguage = ProductLanguage) AND (PackageSP = ServicePackLevel)DoUninstall ResolveSource(REMOVE = "ALL") AND NOT (SystemUILanguage = ProductLanguage)NOT Installed AND NOT (REMOVE = "ALL") AND (SystemUILanguage = ProductLanguage) AND (WindowsBuild = PackageBuild)Update.msi does not support Admin InstallsACTION <> ADMINNothing to do.DoInstall OR DoUninstall OR DoFakeInstall OR DoFakeUninstallA more recent Service Pack has already been installed on this machinePackageSP >= ServicePackLevel You should be an Administrator to run this packagePrivilegedWindows XP Service Pack 1 :
    Chaz

Thread Information