Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: WinXp Pro File Download

Hello Everyone. First of all let me tell you that you have a nice forum going on here:thumb: Congrats:thumb:

I just did a clean install if winxp pro on my system, when I try to download a file of the net i dont get the dialog box that lets me safe whatever folder i want to, It downloads autoputs it in internet temp files eolder and opens it auto. My question is, Is there a way to fix this to let me choose the folder i want to save in to?

Thanks for any help.
    Looper

Someone will prolly correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that if you right click on the item to be d-loaded then you get the option to save it where you want it.

if you are trying to d/l a file it should have the prompt to ask you where you want to save the file. I am not at a computer with XP and the newest version of IE....so I will not be able to directly help you. but check under internet options and advanced and see if you can find something that needs to be checked or unchecked.

Sorry, I will not have XP or IE with XP until I get my new mobo back from RMA!!! ;)

Thread Information