Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XP Hacking...so what!!!

:flames:
    Hey
    Heres the deal.
    So what if there are people capable of hackin Windows products, Bill is definatly not hurting for money.
    Do not get me wrong hacking is wrong but what the heck, peeps have been hacking for along time, longer than most of you have been alive.
    Why do we as "Computer Geeks" complain about Bills wooes?
    I am an IT guy myself, and I have seen the costs that Micro Soft push to the user community and the regular users as yourself, and I have to tell you, he is NOT hurting for bucks.
    Besides, how many of you have actually tried to call MS for support?
    How many of you have had to pay for it?
    98% of the time...right.
    And for what, so that hey can tell you to "reinstall windows".... B.S.
    Half the games I play online are hacked, go pick on them to produce games that with the most of us can still play on Win 98 just as well as you can on Win XP, now tell me how many peeps out there have Hacked copies of 98?
    Do you think Bill really cares about 98 now.....of coarse not he made too much money on Win NT, Win 2000 and now Win XP.
    I think XP is by far the BEST OS out there and I am not punching XP at all, but think about it before blasting all of the hackers.....they are going to hack reguardless what you say about them, so we are better off venting on something else, like the game hackers.
    Have you ever tried to play Quake 3 Arena lately? Try it, them you might find better things to gripe about.
    PC game manufactures spend Millions and Billions of bucks per year then you have this 6 year old kid who figures out a why to hack its CD Key code and the next thing you know, 10,000 peeps have it or can get it over the internet.
    It is all a big scam...so lets all play fair..
    shall we?

Beefy Guest

a) Bill Gates himself lost approximately $42 billion dollars last year, which is almost half his worth
    b) 'Bill Gates' isn't all of Microsoft. Just because he runs the company, doesn't mean he IS the company
    c) This isn't 'hacking'... this is blatant piracy. There is a HUGE difference.

Bill Gates owns only 13.6% of the company.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

OK...ask this..
    A)Why did Bill get burnt in the 1st place?
    B) Bill was the Big Cheese up until not very long ago.
    C) Pirates, Hacks, whatever......................... it is all illegal

Admin...
    Sorry I do not mean to cause such a ruckus
    I too feel strongly about "hacking" products but I just had to put my 2 cents worth in ;)

Beefy Guest

Just make a clear distinction though. 'Hacking' and piracy are two different things. Piracy is illegal use of software... that's the main topic here...

Ok Ok
    You win, if you want to be politically correct

:hammer:

Beefy Guest

It's not really PC.. I'm just trying to figure out your argument. :)

:confused:

This is a world renouned discussion, I'm not arguing, I am enjoying the fruits of everyone's labor......:shoot3:

Fact is this...legal or not, human nature says...Do It,...... just like Nike
    All of us have to answer to only one person here on Earth that is...numero uno...we when die, well then that is a different creature all together...
    Meanwhile if peeps want to try "Pirated" software, let them....
    An another fact of life is this...Money does not grow on trees, and after last years devistation, the economy is really crunching alot of peeps who need better.
    Now as per my original title, XP Hacking ...so what? If peeps can get access to this, that actually need this, rather than abuse it, then let it happen.
    Ask yourself this, has there EVER..been something you have wanted "So Bad" but could not afford it or could never get into a position of obtaining it?
    Now, your buddy next door says " here take it, it's free and do not worry about it"
    Piracy or not, what if that gift your "buddy" was giving you was Windows XP, are you going to tell me you would pass?Now have you ever stolen ANYTHING in your life? BE HONEST? A piece of gum, a dollar from Mom?
    Now, conjure up everything I have said in this thread and THINK ABOUT IT.

No, I do not go out and rob my local Subaru store and steal a WRX b/c I want one. I really really really really want one. But Ic annot afford it!!!! So, I admire from a distance, but never do I think to steal it. You analogy of the gun\m steakling is weak, b/c I am sure we all have stolen something, but realize it is wrong...and learn from our lesson!

YOU IDIOT, YOU ARE STEALING. YOU CAN SPIN IT ANY WAY YOU WANT, YOU ARE A THEIF.

Your arguements are old and boring. you have nothig new to say.
    Poor bill gates, he does not need the money. Bill Gates has little or nothing to do with microsoft now. If you have not noticed, Steve Baulmer is in charge. Microsoft is not a private corporation, meaning it is public. Meaning it is invested in through stock purchase. People, like you and I, go to this thing called NASDAQ and say I want some of Microsoft. We buy it, and own a % of the company. This allows anyone to "own" the company. Therefore when you steal microsoft products you are stealing from share holders. Yes, some of the share (actaully alot) belong to Bill Gates, Steve Baulmer, and such. But also alot belong to the average inverstor. the average inverstor could be your neighbor, so essentially you are stealing from your neighbor.

OMG, ppl wake up and smell the coffee....this is a company not an entity. Stop trying to threaten it with your tright attempts of triumph over the hurt that is know as the hammer called Microsoft. If you want to hurt it, switch to a different operating system, this way other companies will feel compelled to support other o/s besides Microsoft. The main problem with microsoft is everyone uses it, therefore software is really only made for this o/s... if no one made software (drivers, videogames, word processors, compilers, p2p programs, etc) then no one would buy Microsoft. The worst thing you can do to MS is not use it. :hammer:

Okay, I am not going to write anymore....ehehe I want to be IP Attorney...and I love the debate of ppl trying to justify their stealing on intagible items. Just becuase you are only taking 1's and 0's does not mean you are not stealing. hehe: peace2: : peace2:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information