Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who can figure this out???

I came to this forum about Win XP because I had a problem after installing sp1 (problem follows this statement) That was some time ago when I first posted the problem. Guess what ??
    No responce. All I see in this forum is complaints, and how to hack somthing, no real help (except from the moderators). So heres the problem after I installed sp1 on my computer , When I go to
    start\help and support. It is a dead end can't get the help and support menu also when I go to start\programs\ accesories\system tools\system information. this too is a dead end any idea how to get these links to work

hope someone can give me a reason to come back to this forum.

Thanks in advance
    "You can achieve in your life anything that you really set your mind to! That is not to say that things will always be easy, but you can achieve whatever you really desire to attain."

Jeff Gordon, from his fan club Q&A:

i would love to help you, but I never got a chance to install SP1 on my computer. Otherwise I would be walking you through it! Sorry!:p

Beefy Guest

Likewise. I'm sorry to say but I haven't seen anything like that either. After reading a lot of random problems that people are having with SP1, i'm kind of avoiding it until I need it. There's been a few patches that I've installed, but I'm gonna leave SP1 where it is for a while.

Hopefully one of the other regulars may be able to help.

I should have my copy next week i'll test it asap (once i get all my parts back)

Have you check the service in administrative tools --> services? is it enabled or disabled? set it to automatic if you can

I haven't been avoiding you either. I just haven't been particularly interested in installing SP1 yet, so I have no experience to draw from. That would make me a poor candidate to help. I do hope someone can help you. It is a good forum.

I thought this place was for tweaking stuff so no wonder people didn't reply!
    I would love to help but I didn't really understand your problem, however there is a place that seems in line with your expectations. It can be found at: http://www.ntfs.org/ you might even find what your looking for just by scanning the posts.
    Where were you when we were getting high?

I know this probably isn't the best or cheapest solution, but I have Norton systemworks 2003 installed, and it scans your pc for windows problems and automatically fixes most of them. Perhaps you could obtain a copy? might be worth a try anyway.

moi followed mr tweak guidances
    izs worked wundurbar
    noe problemo ley..
    pls adhered 2 zee prompts bellee bellee karefullee
    watever mr tweak says
    moi followed
    words4words
    perfect switched over
    system on
    reboots
    a ok...
    2 daes ago tried zee ada methods
    failed
    managed 2 patched sp1
    butt kannok login..
    coz moi cheated by twistin dos digits...
    whoila...

hi,mrdennisg,have you considered uninstall servicepack1?and then using system restore.you could also try checking system files,by putting your winxp cd in,exit,press start button,then run.type "sfc /scannow".as a last resort,save all important files,and reinstall windows xp.hope you figure it out.
    A friend of mine,a friend of ours.
    What do i call you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information