Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xp pro retail version

Can't answer that one. The FCK... version didn't require any other patches. That particular key was a volume licence key which allowed you to use the software forever without activating. What this other patch was for was for NON corporate versions. I suspect however, that simply "upgrading" with the legal copy will overwrite anything that this patch put in the registry. I really don't think that this will be a problem.

In any event, if you don't try the "upgrade" route, you will have to do a clean install (which means reinstalling everything) so what have you got to lose? It's one or the other.

I have nothing but junk on here anyway ,Just hate having to reload everything but what can you do i think they may have us by the family jewels this time :cheers:

So that I am clear....

No One has tried a to use a legit Pro cd key on a FCK... corp copy and had success?

Or....

No One has tried it period?:confused:

Up about two threads greg said he installed over the fck version sounds like ot me he had no problem or he did and hasn't been able to post on here due to some failure we hope not .Hey greg give us a update on your system ??

Yeah I did an update over the FCK........and everything is fine. Did not lose one single program.

Read Rebel9's thread......he said that he did it too!

My box did not even hiccup..........I have not had one single problem since the update.

The topic says retail version of pro. Can you do the same with OEM?

Just wondering.

What do an update over an FCK with an OEM version of xp pro?

I don't see why not.

OEM and retail are the same product .....OEM supplied at a discount with a complete system or major hardware purchase
    Eat when you are hungry, drink when you are thirsty, sleep when you are tired and work when you have to!

Or if you go to uni then get the educational version!
    Its an upgrade but all you have to do is insert a WIN98 CD in i think to confirm that you are upgrading or if you already have an illegal copy on the HDD then you can just install over that.

Its $190 for the Pro version at UNSW so thats what im getting for my next computer :D

Academic purchases of software is much cheaper and the exact same thing.
    Except some of the very expensive programs they are not full versions eg. some of the CAD programs that are worth many thousands of dollars.
    Non profit organizations may purchase software at academic prices also. ( Discount hardware purchases for non- profit ?? )
    Eat when you are hungry, drink when you are thirsty, sleep when you are tired and work when you have to!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information