Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xp pro retail version

Well with all the posting about Sp1 and all the problems that you may have with it i have decided to go out and buy a legal version of xp pro woohooo .The only question i have is how can i enter the legal version over the FCk****** without losing all my programs i just want to make it legal :cheers:

II would guess just a simple reinstall of windows should do the trick. I mean your PC will see it as a simple reinstall. All your program will still be there too. However things will not be associated with there respective programs. And nothing will be in the add/remove list. Because all this got wiped out with the reinstallation of windows. The registry gets overwritten. So you basically have to reinstall everything. I think reinstalling windows is a pain in the @$$. I usually format/install when ever something derastic comes up. Good Luck though

Just thought of something how about using the same method as you use in the programs to change the keys but enter the key you get from MS you think that would work ???

I re-installed my xp over the original and just did an update. It overwrote all my windows files and I didn't lose one single program.

Greg Did you first have the FCk...... version and loaded on top of that ?? :cheers:

I don't think the cd key can be changed in that form. Reason being is because the FCK...... is a volume license key and there are many other keys. However the key that you are using is just for that particular retail copy. You would have to reinstall windows. But like I said before I hate doing it.

I agree i hate to start all over again to much time and work but if thats the only way i may do it . I was also thinking of calling MS and see what they have to say about doing that just tell them some bs story how i bought the computer with that version of Xp in it they may anwser the question since i'am going to buy a copy of Xp pro ,Maybe i will call them from a pay phone so they can't trace my number lol .Will see what other responces i get in the forum :cheers: Will also see what greg has to say about his install

A reinstall over the FCK... version works just fine. I had the same questions about two weeks ago but took the plunge. The legit Windows XP CD offers to "upgrade" the current version. Just follow the instructions and it works like a charm.

Just remember to let the install get the latest info from the net first (dynamic update I think it is called). In any event, this told me that there were two programs on my system that I would have to uninstall first and then reinstall following the update. I followed these instructions and everything went smoothly.

The Product ID was changed successfully, I activated and registered the installation, and then applied SP! without a problem. The only thing I had a bit of trouble with was the Sound Blaster drivers. Had to reinstall the latest versions from Creative. Otherwise, everything was flawless. Hope this helps.

Yeah.......what he said!!

:thumb:

Oh thats great to hear . But i may have one more problem i had posted that the key gen program didn't work on my computer had no idea why. So last night i was at a friends house and we downloaded the xp key gen and it worked fine ???? When i got back home i tried the program again for the hell of it since i thought it was a really cool program and see what i could screw up but it didnt work , Ithink my problem lies in the registy with my computer what i was told when we loaded FCK>>> we had to also load a patch which kills the amount of times you can boot with out windows shuting down had no idea we didnt need this the patch is called the solar and it made a folder on my c drive and i'am sure it changed the registy So the next questions do you think the pay version will overwrite that also ??? After all these questions we should be xperts lol :cheers:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information