Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with Bootvis - PLEEEEEEASE!!!! K56warnin

Try reading PersianImmortal's post in the VIA forum like he suggested.

OK, I read it and still can't install the PCU to CPI bridge. I tried update driver both automatic and manual but it still says Microsoft driver.

Also, could you elaborate on this.
    As for the delay, it looks to be because it's looking for some network resources and can't find them. It has something to do with your NIC settings, so concentrate there.
    XP has drivers for my NIC (3Com) and I nerver had to do anything else to it and boot time was different. Also XP detects my network settings automaticaly. And also that always worked OK.

OK I solved the problem but I don't understand it. I used to think that my CDRW was not working properly so I had it unhooked. The "in use" light used to bilnk and I would not be able to open it unless I would unplug it and plug it back in, it used to hapen from time to time. Now I actually unhooked my DVD too and it booted in under 30 secs. I put the DVD back in, didn't even wanted to start and the second time booted in again over a minute. So now I have CDRW installed, so far works OK, restarted like 20 times. Maybe the problem was with the power or IDE cable, which were screwing with CDRW, and my DVD. Too bad it's over a year old so it's not on warranty anymore.

But isn't it strange, when it actually got to windows the drive was working OK so why was it causing boot problems?

If there was a problem with the drive at boot up, the bios would have tried several times to collect the necessary info from the drive. If it finally got everything it needed, then when Windows started, it would have recieved the correct info for the drive from the bios, or it may have polled the drive on its own, and required only info that the drive could easily supply. Try replacing the cable to see if that is the problem.

The other drive works OK with that cable so far. If it starts going crazy I'll try another cable but so far so good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information