Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Increase mouse acceleration exponentials

tenatiouz is offline Junior Member

Default Increase mouse acceleration exponentials

Hello guys this is my first post.

I was wondering if you guys could help me out with trying to increase my mouse acceleration. I play FPS but I'm a wrist player and I only use around a couple inches of my mouse pad and I need to cover many areas within those few inches. I know that if I go to regedit<hkey_current_user<control panel<mouse="" and="" change="" the="" threshold1="" threshold2="" that="" is="" suppose="" to="" affect="" my="" mouse="" acceleration.="" problem="" when="" i="" increase="" these="" numbers="" don't="" feel="" as="" though="" i'm="" getting="" any="" from="" regular="" 6:10="" function="" it="" gives="" clicking="" "enhanced="" pointer="" precision"="" button="" settings.=""

Is there anyway or program or something where I can scale my mouse acceleration more. My g5 logitech mouse used to have a program on it that would increase the mouse acceleration very fast and I'm trying to reproduce an acceleration similar to the speeds I was getting. Now every mouse peripheral company is just enabling "Enhanced Pointer Precision" through their software and are not actually giving the option to increase mouse acceleration beyond that.

Any help would be appreciated, I would sure love some help on this one, I'm stumped.</hkey_current_user<control>

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Default Re: Increase mouse acceleration exponentials

Have you tried Control Panel -> Mouse -> Pointer Options tab -> Select A Pointer Speed slider (<- slow ------------ fast ->)?
    Welcome to the forum.

BTW, the text you typed after "I know that if I go to regedit" is not displayed because you used some control code symbols, possibly the "<" (less than symbol) next to characters.
    Last edited by profJim; 10-11-2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: spelling
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

tenatiouz is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    Have you tried Control Panel -> Mouse -> Pointer Options tab -> Select A Pointer Speed slider (<- slow ------------ fast ->)?
    Welcome to the forum.

BTW, the text you typed after "I know that if I go to regedit" is not displayed because you used some control code symbols, possibly the "<" (less than symbol) next to characters.
    Okay sorry for the late response. If anyone else is trying to figure out how to increase your mouse acceleration or trying to completely get rid of it, I have figured it out.

So first thing's first. Windows uses 3 things when it comes to "Mouse Acceleration". It uses a Mouse Threshold1 and Threshold2 as well as what's called a "Mouse Curve". Threshold1 and Threshold2 is what is the points at which the "Mouse Curve" will take effect. So when the mouse reaches the movements to which it hits the first threshold the mouse curve will kick in, and when it hits the second threshold it will kick in again.

The "Mouse Curve" is the name Microsoft gave for handling "Mouse Acceleration" in Windows. So when you tinker with the mouse curve this is how you either increase or completely get rid of the mouse acceleration. There was a guy by the name of "MarkC" who wrote a program for those of use who don't understand the binaries in relation to the mouse curves. He basically wrote a program for you to input simple to understand terms for writing your own .reg file, which is just a registry file, to input codes through the .reg file into your registry dealing with the mouse curve. So if anyone else is having issues with their "Mouse Acceleration" or more properly the mouse curve, just google MarkC and get his "MouseFix". With his program I was able to make a custom mouse curve which would increase my acceleration exponentially, which is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you guys for taking the time to help me out and for anyone else in the future having this issue, again just google MarkC and get his mouse curve .reg files and it comes packaged with his program that has a Wizard with easy to understand steps to create your own mouse curve. If you don't want to do this, he does include already written .reg files with his pre-calculated mouse curves to either increase or completely remove the mouse acceleration from or to windows.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Thanks for the update, your detailed solution will help others.
    I'm not a pc gamer so windows' mouse options meet my needs.

Thread Information