Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems with games after about 20-30 mins on WinXP

Have you updated your mobo drivers?

um i havent got a clue, whats a mobo driver?
    I know about gpu updates an sound updates but mobo is new to me :(

Yeah find out what brand and model motherboard your have. You'll prob have the instruction manual to the motherboard or if not then take off the side panel of your case and you should be able to find the manufacturer and model of the motherboard somewhere printed on it.

Then go the the manufacturers website and go to the downloads or support area and look for Win XP drivers for your board. You should try the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard.

You may also see BIOS updates but that may all be a bit confusing....try the driver updates first :thumb:

Edit:spelling

Oh yeah, there all up todate an that, ive though about the sticky keys but that doesnt solve anything, i have noticed that when i walk round a corner e.g - hold shift ctrl W and A it sometimes crashes but its just a normal keyboard with no drivers.
    But i dunno whether its that but if you could give me anymore answers to solve my problem, i'll try every single one

Quote Originally Posted by STr0nT!uM DoG
    its just a flaw in winXP
    It is NOT a flaw in XP. XP does not "make your computer crash". It is something specific to your machine...a setting or a driver or a hardware fault/misconfiguration which is causing it.

Install the 40.72 detonators from Nvidia. They will bring your GeForce3 up to date and also perform better than older dets. Beta or not they're fine.

Provide specs for your motherboard and RAM please. Chipset, speed etc.

Right ive updated the det drivers to 40.72 now how the hell do i turn V-sync off?: :flames: :cheers: :flames:

Use RivaTuner to fix your refresh rates (so they're not a constant 60fps) and tweak every other setting, including overclocking your gfx card.

Also check your event viewer (control panel/ admin tools) and see if there are any problems being logged at the time of your probs. ;)

Isn't there a similar thread to this elsewhere? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information