Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Windows XP and not Windows 2000?

One of my friends in the dorm claims that the only difference between Win2K and WinXP is that Windows XP has a "Stupid blue interface."

Why do you guys use XP? I know there are improvements to more thant he looks of the OS, but tell me which improvements you find handy?

Why should I be using Windows XP and not Windows 2000?
    <Font size=2>"The demand to restrict technology is the demand to restrict man's mind" -- Ayn Rand
    <a style="text-decoration: none" href="http://www.whiteglovecollection.com/cord">
    <font color=blue><font face="Century Gothic" size="6">My Web Site</a></font>

I find that XP does a better job installing drivers to your components automatically when you install.
    "Ahhhhhh, Mingus Dew" - Capt. Murphy

better driver support is one of the many new things that are in winxp. But there are alot of miscellanious things in the new OS that add to win2k. Basically its just plain out right an easier version of windows with a gui interfase *doesn't use XP look*

Tech TV said when win XP first came out.

If your running windows 95 most likely you won't have the hardware to support windows xp we suggest getting a new computer
    If your running windows 98 you probably have the hardware and recommend that you upgrade to XP.
    If your running windows ME your probably loaded with problems and DEMAND that you upgrade to XP.
    if your running windows 2000....then unless your fascinated with the new look then we don't really recommend XP. However that doesn't mean we're stopping you we're just saying its not a must.

THey also said how Windows XP is the fischer price version of windows 2000. And you know what? I think they're right! :laugh:

Beefy Guest

better support, slightly more compatibility.. more refined than 2000....

Win XP also has Built in dX support, better for gaming (some people will debate this) better driver support, new (and better) media player, and is generally newer.

Dont forget the stupid blue interface.

oh. nevermind.

Im going back to Win2k next time i need a reinstall. I cant really give a single reason why. Its just...because I want to.

I do that every few installs,
    It's good to have a change sometimes :thumb:

I found 2K to be too much of a "want to be" system that just doesn't quite make the cut (I prefer SE than it because of driver/compatability support) but with XP M$ bridged the gap and I have no probs with it at all. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

contrary to popular beleif sometimes companies release products because they are more enhanced and have more fetaures.

Hey don't get me wrong, 2K is an excellent business os, it's just found lacking in what I expect from an os. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information