Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Windows update - Kernel-Mode Driver Framework version 1.11 failed

Default Windows update - Kernel-Mode Driver Framework version 1.11 failed

New build using Windows 7 HP 64-bit. Today's MS updates included the Kernel-Mode Driver Framework version 1.11 for Win 7. This update failed to install (several times), even when done alone. First time since building system where it has failed an update. Anyone else experience this today or know what the error code below indicates?
    Attached Images Attached Images Windows update - Kernel-Mode Driver Framework version 1.11 failed-win_update_error_111412-jpg 
    Silverstone TJ08B-E micro ATX case | ASRock Z77 Pro4-M micro ATX MB | Intel i5 3570K CPU | Samsung 830 256GB SATA 3 SSD | WD Caviar Black 500GB SATA 3 HDD | EVGA GTX 650 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 SDRAM | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Windows 7 HP 64-bit

Default Re: Windows update - Kernel-Mode Driver Framework version 1.11 failed

OK, as is often the case, this problem was caused by pilot error! Turns out that this particular update uses the Temp folder when installing. I have the System and User Temp files stored on a RAM drive. Evidently this causes the update to fail because the default path to the Temp folder was invalid. Disabling storage of the System and User Temp files on the RAM drive allowed the update to install without incident.

Still being new to using a RAM drive I'm proving that "The more you learn the less you know!".
    Silverstone TJ08B-E micro ATX case | ASRock Z77 Pro4-M micro ATX MB | Intel i5 3570K CPU | Samsung 830 256GB SATA 3 SSD | WD Caviar Black 500GB SATA 3 HDD | EVGA GTX 650 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 SDRAM | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Windows 7 HP 64-bit

Thread Information