Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Sounds too easy to be true

I read this on another forum. This seems way to easy to be of actual use. Could it be true?

Windows Update Fix, With or Without SP1 Installed

open ie, go to tools, internet options.Connections tab, press LAN Settings, then uncheck Automatically Detect Settings, close browser, reopen and voila, windows update Works.
    I'm just curious. :?:

Beefy Guest

What's wrong with Windows Update that needs fixing?

I was under the impression that without SP1, windows update would not function.

Or ... is it that folks with THE version of XP can't use update now?

:bounce2:

Beefy Guest

Umm, wrong and wrong...

I know someone *cough cough* with that copy of XP, and they use Windows Update all the time..

Thanks for the info Beefy...and

You really should get that cough looked into : party ha

**** dude it worked / Thx appreciate it :)
    hee dammit finnaly got the **** win update to work tx to ur idea or suggestion....
    ya this is what u do...click Tools>internet options>Connections>Lan{button}>uncheck the tick before automatically detect settings>Click ok>Click advanced and restore defaults>Programs{tab} and reset websettings excluding the changing of your homepage...>After that click the content tab and clear the SSL state>set the privacy and security options to default if it is not already done..click the general{tab} and deleate cookies as well as clear history and deleate temporary files....
    now click ok...and exit internet explorer....
    restart internet explorer..and click on tools>windows update>click check updates...and now the site will load correctly...

**the reason i mentioned clearing tempory files, cookies, slate of certificates as well as altered settings was so that internet explorer runs smootly as well as save your self some wasted hard-drive space and other benifits...

but the main operation to remember is to uncheck detect automatic settings which is located in tools>internet options>connections>Lan>uncheck the first option listed there...click ok....reset browser...load the ms update site... :)
    :thumb:
    -Known to hang men, like ray benzino hold big caliber guns, which give niggaz the runs; holding the block down with tons of cocaine...selling an O of blow and making girls panties rain ;)

-=Benzo=-

Thread Information