Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Windows 7 gives message: Windows detected a hard disk problem

Zorch is offline Junior Member

Default Windows 7 gives message: Windows detected a hard disk problem

I hope someone can help me decide whether Win 7 or my ASRock P67 performance Fatality mobo is responsible for Win 7 message: Windows detected a hard disk problem, backup your data immediately.
    This message shows up every 20 minutes or so, but does not force me to take any action, so I just close the dialog box. After a couple of boot ups I get a BIOS notice that the OS seems to be missing.
    This happened to two hard drives just after Win 7 was installed. The drives are no longer visible to Win 7 if I attempt to install the OS again. BIOS storage check sees the drives. Win 7 nope. These
    first two drives were brand new Seagates. Next I tried a 2GB Western Digital drive, Win 7 loaded, but a few boot ups later the same problem showed up. Should I just try this with a new mobo from Intel
    or other maker? Needless to say, it is very disappointing to have such a nice new rig end up killing off brand new hard drives.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Windows 7 gives message: Windows detected a hard disk problem

How does a mobo kill HDDs, that would be very unusual.

Have you tried new data cables to the drives? Have you tried changing the power cables to the drives? Is the PSU new and what make is it?

Have you tried the drives on another PC to check if they are truly damaged or dead?

Thread Information