Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: recover from a critical crash.

It was yesterday... I had just install that hotbat for outlook.. I thought it was a spyware, but i decide to install.

When i open my outlook express, my firewall was asking me if i let run hotbar-, and i said NO.
    After a while, i was composing a message, came a message from my firewll, asking if i let a new dll to run. I decide tto let (yes). And voilá... BSD!!!!

My pc rebbots and send a notification to Billgates a notification from a serious recorey from a critical crash.
    I decide to run addware, and i delete all hotbar.

So, don´t install hotbar !!!!!

Ya certain things can actually get really serious. You ahve to know what your running before you open it. Espeically things as critical as executables and system files and such.

Your PC's back to normal though right?

yeap. Everithing is normal as new. I think without sp1 my pc nerver boot up again.

well not that bad I'm sure you coulda restored the system. Or in the worst case gone with the f-word. But then again That's what SP1 is there for. BUt SP1 cuased me more problems then it fixed so I'm not running it.

The only think i have notice was to reinstall winmx.... i don´t knoe why but it was running when ocurs that crash.

Thread Information