Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Acess NTFS partitions from DOS

I need a way to read and write to NTFS partitions in dos. I have stuff on 1 HD that I have to transfer to another HD.

The HD that i have to get stuff off of is somehow damaged. I had windowsXP on it. I'm not shure what happened to it, but it wont boot. It allways bluescreen upon booting. Even stranger, I cant boot from another drive and set this one as a slave beacuse I still get the blue screen every time I boot, no matter how I configure things.

I am able to read NTFS partitions in dos using TECHW0RM, but I cant copy or deleat anything. Anyone got some thoughts that sont involve paying $300 for NTFSDOS?
    Boogaloogaloo Boogaloogaloo
    Boogaloogaloo

I'm over HERE now!

Here's a utility that should do it, and it's free:

http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-...ml?tag=lst-0-4

I can already read the partition, I need something that will let me copy something from 1 ntfs partion to another or let me delete something from an ntfc partition.
    Boogaloogaloo

I'm over HERE now!

If you read the whole description, it says you can copy files too!

The registered program NTFSDOS can write. (Freeware version does only filereads)

yea, the demo can write, but (if you read it) it can only copy to FAT16 or Fat32 partitions. I need to copy from 1 NTFS partition to another NTFS partition.
    Boogaloogaloo

I'm over HERE now!

Ok, I'll try a diffrent avenue, is there a way to convert an NTFS partition to FAT32 in dos?
    Boogaloogaloo

I'm over HERE now!

The description on the page previous to the download page listed coping the files as well as reading them. Sorry it didn't say that on the page I linked to. The author states on his site the following:

"NTFS Reader for DOS is a freeware tool that provides read access to NTFS partitions within the MS-DOS environment. You can preview files on
    NTFS and copy files from NTFS to FAT volumes or network drives.

Product's interface is easy-to-use. Can be run from DOS bootable floppy."

Thread Information