Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: System Tray Icons don't load on boot

I've got a weird problem I haven't been able to figure out. For some reason all of my boot up apps load, but don't appear on the system tray. Its not like they disappear after a certain point, they _never_ show during the boot. It is the freakiest thing any help fixing the problem would be really appreciated!

-Danny.

Right click the taskbar, choose "properties", and see if the box is checked for "hide inactive icons".

Sadly thats not the case, I wish it was that easy though!

What items should appear?

Well, everything and anything that loads at boot. Examples would be...
    DAEMON Tools
    GetRight
    Messenger
    CloneCD Tray
    Kazaa
    Xerox ControlCenter
    Apache Monitor
    Trillian
    ePrompter
    All these programs and many others load, but for some reason it never shows their respective tray icons. They are all loaded in the memory and functioning. They only icons that are loaded are the network connection icons my wireless connection, the unconnected lans, etc.

What happens if you are using kazaa? Does it show up in the tray while your using it?

Yes, assuming I close it after it loads when the computer boots and restart it [the program].

so the icon appears after you shut down the process and start it up again? hmm.... does explorer load up when windows starts up? cause usually when explorer crashes it takes everything with it. This is of course including the icons in the system tray. Except for I think a few of them like AIM usually stays there.

Yes, explorer seems to load normally. Thats the odd thing, if it was crashing and taking the system tray icons with it like it usually does, I'd see Explorer restarting itself. But it doesn't, they simply never appear at all, and explorer doesn't seem to crash during boot. Its absolutely weird!

ya but you say your able to get the icons back by restarting the programs.......

Was this a fresh install or an upgrade from say 98/ME?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information