Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Longhorn

Damn Microsoft! They demanded the pictures become removed! This happened the day after the screenshots were leaked.

In regards to Linux, there are only 1 or 2 things in it that revent me from uninstalling Windows completely. First of all, there are no file-sharing programs available since LimeWire sucks due to the use of Java (doesn't even install half the time) and EDonkey2000 won't load up the servers automatically. The user would have to type in the IP manually (a PITA) . The other problem is with concerns to DirectX. Even with emulators such as WineX, the games won't install from the CD-ROM (not recognized) . The hardware support has been fixed in Mandrake 9.0 as I'm concerned. VCD Burning support will come eventually, but for now, I'm happy with Linux's progress. IF I need to use Windows, 2000 does me perfectly. Not 98 (not stable enough), Not XP (resource hog), and definitely not ME (the worst Windows in history) !

More information and screenshots for Longhorn

German site Chip-Online has more Longhorn screenshots , 81 in fact.

Screenshot #7
    Bill Gates's Documents... gimme a break.

longhorn (alph) works and works well i have it and im running at the min.

whitty_m_w@hotmail.com < msn only
    or
    whitty_6210@yahoo.co.uk<e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by swordfish_696
    i have it and im running at the min.
    Thatn what is in Bill Gates' Documents, ive been dying to know?

I have longhorn and it is awful, worst OS ever, it is what XP was to 2000, they just added more junk to something that already worked fine. Same goes for .net server, stay at win2k it is as good as it gets.
    amd 2100xp, 512 ddr333, ati 9000 pro, dual 7200 40 gig maxtor raid zero, a7v8x asus, 16x plextor win2k pro, longhorn,.net server, redhat 8.0.

Here's a screenshot of the latest Longhorn build 4015 [Alpha]
    Beta testing will reportedly begin around Sept/Oct.

In order to use the full UI functions of Longhorn, a DirectX9 GPU is necessary. However Microsoft will definitely cater for other PC users without a DX9 GPU and to facilitate a smooth transition, there will be 2 phases : Tier 1 Experience & Tier 2 Experience. For Tier 1 experience, there will be basic Longhorn UI functions and for Tier 2 experience, there will be full graphically stunning UI functions.

Can't remember where, but I spotted an article stating that Microsoft are recommending 1 GB of memory to run Longhorn, yet in that same article they are still recommending 128mb to run XP. Given that most people use at least 256mb to run Windows XP, how much memory is Longhorn really going to need?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information