Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: whats the freaking deal with focus in XP?

i just freaking hate it.......whenever i open an IE window or whatever......and immediatly wanna switch to another IE window i hate or any other program (msn, pshop, whatever) and the damn IE takes the focus again.....i mean not only focus, it restores itself and hides the other window....

im not hacked nor there's a trojan in my system......im behind a firewall and the ips my isp gives out are fake.....internal only, we all go out behind a proxy so there's no way someone is doing this to me

i downloaded powertoy TweakUI and set the option to prevent applications from stealing focus...and still.......it wont work.

i just clicked on a link to an ftp.....the window opened (the page wasnt showing yet) so i switched to this window im posting in......and when the ftp finished and was showing the site's content it took the focus and set as the active window, it totally took over even though i didnt click on the taskbar to show that window

EVEN after a window takes over......i still re-switch to the one i was working in and the other IE windows with pages that hadnt fully loaded will continue to take over till they are done loading......why the heck does this happen?

I HATE IT SO BAD

whats the problem?

Haven't seen/noticed it happening sorry.
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

When most programs open in Windows, they are automatically given the highest "focus". Meaning, they popup and you are able to interact with the contents of that specific screen. That screen will retain "focus" until you specify another program to focus on, and even then the window may take priority again if its contents change while loading. This has been happening for a while. I believe it was totally integrated from Windows NT and later.

As far as I know, there is no option in Windows to disable or change window focusing.

The only OS I know of that allows you to select window focus is Linux.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Thread Information