Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Win98, ideas for blocking video games

How about some of the monitoring software that is out there. It may not stop the installs but it would make it easier to track when the software was installed. Or perhaps some parental control software?

I'm thinking it would be easier to modify the human behavior rather than the computer.

An audit trail to when and perhaps who was doing the installation would help you "Educate" :hammer: the offending employees?

u can desable the Download in internet explorer and also the access to the internet option settings so the person using it cant renable the downloads... this will stop most people but there is a very simple way of getting into it. Just go under Help in the Explorer menu and click around for about 2secs and it will give u a direct link into the contor pannel meaning that the user can just default all the setting and pretty much install and DL any thing they please.... i did this at school. All i can suggest is getting some kind of Program that will detect activity of what is installed and so on, also u can disable 3D graphix somewheres in the Display options. Its preatty much all i can think of

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information