Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: HELP! WinXP Crash after tweaking

Hey I recently followed to XP tweaking guide and did a few of the tweaks from the 1st and 2nd guide. I then restarted and tryd running 3dmark2001se and it starts loading in and just as it's about to display the logo my comp locks up and then it restarts. I went back through the tweaking guide and undid anything I had done before to try and solve this problem. It didn't work, I also have noticed this problem when trying to run watch movies on MWP and while loading CS but all my other games work fine, maybe its just cause CS is the only one that has an intro screen... Hope someone can help me fix this problem cause I just recently formated and really wouldn;t enjoy going through the whole ordeal again.

I've never heard of tweaking the OS then UNDOING the changes still causing problems. I tweaked my OS then undid some of them such as memory and have no known problems.

Truthfully I don't think that's cuasing the problem it could be something else and it just appears that way buts its probably just a coincidence.

Have you configured or OCed any hardware or something? What is your hardware and what kind of temps are you running? THings like this will most likely cuase the reboots. And not something that is already undone. Unless soemthing was damaged but that isn't likely.

the only thing ive OCed is my Vid card and its reset to default clock everytime i reboot so unless its an option ive changed that I shouldnt have when I installed rviatuner I still don't know what it could be.

heh NM guys I found my problem ;) it was something in Rivatuner, I just resset everything to the default value and started up 3dmark just fine.

ok cool......see? I knew it had to be something.....

Thread Information