Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: How do you do Quota's in xp?

I need to increase the quota's I gave to other user's of my computer but it beats the hell out of me how I did it before. Apperently they need more megs to run some of the games.They can only get to the 3rd stage of RTCW.I only gave them 500megs. On mine it works fine. They are Limited users and I don't want to give them a Administrative rights. Any help will be good.

Are you talking about where to find the settings or how to adjust the values? The location part is simple... Just locate the drive in question within My Computer, right click and go to Properties. The last tab allows you to set up a quota system. From there you should be able to adjust the values to make everyone happy.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I know that but it doesn't show the other users. How can I give different megs to other users? eg: 1st user 1meg,2nd user 2megs,ect.ect.?
    I need the location and settings, its not in the drive settings.

users cannot see the quotas, also quotas do not apply to admins.

did you try clicking on the quota and than quota entries. I dont have it enabled, but that looks like what you're looking for.

I am the Admin. I should see the other users on the Quata, but when I look in to the Driver Properties I can,t see any of the other users, and on the Driver Properties Quata is enabled. Don't think it got anything to do with the drivers otherwise I have to set all the Drivers indivitually.I think it got to the with user settings but can't find it.
    If it's the game how come it works on mine?I mean all the stages and not on the Limited users?Don't think it's the game settings(?)

I am the Admin
    If it's the game how come it works on mine?
    Let me explain, if you set the quota it only affects the users, not admins. So, thats why it works, its not the game.
    Right click on drive -> Properties -> Quota tab. than go into Quota entries. you should see users there.

Hope this helps

Yeah, ok, but Its not enabled there!
    I mean the box is not ticked.
    Can't see any of the other users.
    All the users should have unlimited access?GTA3 and Max Payne and all the other games seems ok.
    It's only RTCW they having problems with.

Thread Information