Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change WinXP automatic default of folders

small lee,
    If you use the same technique as noted above, then you should be able to easily save the pictures to the My Documents folder that you set up. So if you were to change the My Documents folder to your "My JPG" folder, then you could single click to it by using the My Documents button on the left side of the window. Sorry, but I don't know offhand how to change the default location to saved pictures, but someone else may be able to get you there directly without the added one-click.

Here's a quick screenshot of what I mean. The My Documents button is on the left side of the window.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Cur rentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Cur rentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Those keys should contain the information for which u search

Darthtanion,
    Tks for your advice. It's an excellent idea. However, I just found a tool named 'Pathbuddy', which I can specify up to 20 different folders when working on 'open' or 'save' dialog. The only drawback is it requires me to hit a hotkey to jump to that folder. I'm trying it out now. I may follow your suggestions. Tks so much.

VinnieVen,
    I'm sure the default folder is in the registry, but I'm scared to adjust anything there. However, if my problems still exist, I may go for it. Tks for the advice.

Ciao.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information