Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: CDRom drive spins at startup

Hi all. This is the first time I use windows xp (home ed.), and when looking for tweaks I came across this sweet site. I think I'm done with win98 for good now :) Keep up the good work!

Anyway... there are still some rather annoying things I haven't found an answer for yet.
    The first one is that my cdrom drive starts spinning right before the welcome screen flashes by, if I have a disc in it. Does anyone have any idea of how I could remove this behavior?

The second annoying thing is that welcome screen... I run the comp with only one account and let it log in automatically. This makes the welcome screen just flash by for a few thenths of a second. Extremely annoying. Is there a way to make windows skip it, or do I have to replace it with one that looks like my desktop?

Thank you.

I would think that some app that starts automatically with Windows is looking to the cd drive to see its contents. This might be a music program or a something like InCD. If you look in Task Manager, you may be able to figure out what it is.

Thread Information