Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Format ain't happening

Win XP ntfs and it won't let me reformat. Why I ask. Any suggestions? Or any tricks. Thank you, Scott:hammer:
    What was I thinkin'?

are you trying to format within windows? Sorta a stupid question if you dont' mind me asking.........

If not what are you trying to format within...what kind of error messages are you getting?

And, is it the c: drive you are trying to reformat? Using a boot disk?

I want to Blitz the C drive. I tried to do it within windows and it told me that utilities need to be exited first. Should I do it a different way?
    What was I thinkin'?

Beefy Guest

you can't format if the drive is still in use, and if you are in windows, then you are using the drive.

If you are planning on re-installing XP, then boot your computer from the XP cd, and it will give you the option to format your drive.

Otherwise, you'll need to get a boot disk of some sort and FDISK, an application for managing hard drive partitions.

The Utilities it mentions is windows, use a boot disk or cd and do it that way.
    You will then have t ore-install windows.
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

I will use the cd and try it that way. Thank you guys....:wave:
    What was I thinkin'?

????????????????? Will it fomat both hard drives or just the main one (C)?
    What was I thinkin'?

It will format the drive you select during installation.

Thanks again
    What was I thinkin'?

Thread Information