Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: error at add/remove windows components

i am a windows xp pro owner and when i try to open the add/remove windows components i get the error:0x2 line 2011645961.please help

I've never seen that error message. But I have a similar problem. I can't use my add/remove programs at all. When I click on it I get alittle box that comes up that says "Parser Message", then the error message in that box says "Value creation failed at line 472".
    What in the heck does that mean? I have no idea at all. I am running XP Pro with SP1 installed. I don't have any other problems anywhere else. I have redone the system twice and the same problem keeps comming back. I did a search and the only thing that has the word parser in it is adobe photo shop 7. But I can't see why that would screw up the add remove stuff in the control panel. If any one has got a clue, let me know. Thanks.

Are you doing this logged in as administrator? :?:

If not then then login as administrator and try again. ;)

as far as the administrator is concerned i am the administrator even though i am not sure if the windows are familiar with the fact.in the users i am called administrator.in addition to the previous problem the autorun application is deactivated.after poking around the ms site the closest solution found is that i am not the administrator.perhaps i am doing smthg wrong.If anyone has a clue let me know.thanx

I'm administrator also but that doesn't fix my problem either. I found the same problem on a german site, but there was no fix and my german isn't to good either.

i also ge that message error 0x2 line2011645961 if anyone finds a way to solve that problem plz contact me lezclaypool@hotmail.com

i m just making a guess but i feel that all of you guys have a custom theme applied on XP.
    get rid of that theme and get to either default windows XP theme or classic theme and it should work.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

hot dog!!
    my first genuine googlewhack :)

put;
    error:0x2 line 2011645961

and get 1 result - a link to this thread

looks like you are on your own dude, sorry :(
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Thread Information