Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Windows Millennium

My current OS is Windows ME. When I try to create a boot disk the system comes up with a bunch of files not found and I cannot create the disk. I think the Computer shop did not reinstall ME correctly when I had my HD replaced due to failure. Other than not being able to create a boot disk the system runs okay and I donít want to take it back to the shop since my warranty is over and their tech support/customer service stinks anyway. Is there a way to reinstall/repair ME without deinstalling it first and will doing this bugger up my other applications? I have the ME CD. Thanx for any suggestions.:confused:
    Warez R me

To create a Startup disk:
    Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
    In the Add/Remove Programs Properties dialog box, click the Startup Disk tab.
    Click Create Disk to create the Startup disk.

NOTE: In some circumstances, you may be prompted to insert the Windows Me CD-ROM when you click Create Disk. This can occur if the installation files that are required to create the Startup disk are not on the hard disk.
    When you are prompted, insert a formatted floppy disk into the floppy disk drive, and then click OK to confirm that the contents of the floppy disk will be overwritten.
    When the Startup disk creation procedure is finished, remove the floppy disk from the floppy disk drive.
    Unlike Microsoft Windows 98 or Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition, the Startup disk creation program (Fat32ebd.exe) is not included on the retail Windows Me CD-ROM.
    (or you can go on the web and get it) http://www.bootdisk.com/

I never go anywhere without my 98/SE startup disk, especially where ME concerned. :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information