Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: password

xp's killing me... everytime i think i have it figured it throws me a curve ball... and i'm a fastball hitter... anyways... back to the point. I decided a while back to take out my password, to speed up the boot time. i didn't want to have to login:eek: so now when i start up it tells me that my password is going to expire and asks me whether or not i want to change it. how can i get rid of this. xp's starting to get on my nerves.
    :snip: :shoot2: but i'll still keep it of course....

oh by the way thanks to everyone for all the help on my other posts. you guys really know your stuff.:thumb:

start->settings->control panel->administrative tools->computer management

goto local users and groups

goto the users folder

there will be a username there - although you opted not to use one - and this is the one it uses by default to log you on

figure out which it is - it may be your computername for example

Double click it

tick the password never expires box

should be fine now :)
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Thanks I also needed that info I knew I had seen it somewhere.

If you ever decide to keep a password to your account for whatever reason but dont want to login everytime you boot, you can use TweakUI to autologin for you....

Thread Information