Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: XP registration

Hi,

new to this board.... it's nice to find one where most of the users are in (approximately) the same time zone.

Has anybody seen anything about changing the registration code used to install XP? I installed it using a second-hand (cough, cough) code. I now have the software and want to upgrade to SP1, but it wont let me without reinstalling the operating system. Is there any way to change the code on the fly. I had *just* got everything perfect and ghosted the system before d'ling SP1 and don't *really* want to go through all that again.

makingtide :cheers:
    Goddam right, it's a beautiful day

for what it's worth;

If you're going to turn over a new leaf and go legit, no point in half stepping.
    Go for the fresh install.
    From what I understand, a good # of people have had to do so anyway because of corrupted data and programs after the SP1 was added.

Besides, it'll be good practice and you'll feel better for it in the long run.
    Congratulations on the new you!

nice sig too, by the way :)
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Hi Mr C.

It's nice to be commended, but I have to admit, this is not really a 'new' me. This is an old me with a creed: If I like an application, I'll pay for it. I just wont pay for it until I've tried it - would you buy a car without a test drive? To me it doesn't matter if it's Microsoft or Giggly Girty's Homebased Computing Enterprises Ltd - if it's ****e; it's out.

I like XP - it seems better than anything that's come out to date and I'm happy to pay for it - I just wish I didn't have to reload a dozen drivers and 30+ applications to legitimise my appreciation of the product.

If I can find a reg hack or a crack, I'll apply it - no conscience pangs here.

Take care, cheers

Makingtide

try this link, makingtide...page 2

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...=guide&dId=350

Thank you, good sir....

much obliged.

Thread Information