Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: everything is so slow

ok this is very strange, i have a computer that had windows me on it 320 megs of ram 800mhz amd and 30 gig hardrive. i tried to up grad to windows xp pro. After that everything got real slow and that when it started. so i formatted the drive in ntfs format and did a clean install. And itís still slow as **** :cry: . so i reformatted it and tried it again and still slow. The computer seams to boot up fine until after the screen with the scrolling green bar that says win xp pro then it goes black for like 3 to 5 mins. :cry: then it goes to the log on screen. and everything after that is so slow. Everything I click on takes a min to load. i have run xp on computer with 233mhz and 64 megs of ram and they ran 4 times as fast. I am thinking at this point that it has to be a hardware problem but I have no clue what kind of hardware problem would cause something like this. Can anyone help me because I am about to smash it :cry:
    :mad: :confused:

Did you run the compatibility tests first? :?:

Sounds like it's looking for something but not finding it. ;)

i can not remember if i ran a compatibility tests first but i would like to think that i did. :confused: But i did forget to mention that it ran like **** in ME as well and as far as i know i thought everything was compatible in ME :confused: . i upgraded to xp in hope of that that would speed it up. :cry:

Some more info on your hardware might help. Have you loaded the correct mobo drivers? Are the internal and external caches enabled in the bios? Is the hard drive the master on the primary ide channel? Is is on the channel by itself? Is it connected with an 80 conductor cable?

ok i have loaded the correct mobo drivers and flashed the most up to date bios and even swaped memory to see if that could be the problem. no better at all. the mobo is a M7VKB and i have checked the bios to make sure that internal and external caches enabled. the hard drive is the master on the primary ide channel and it is on the channel by itself. and still nothing has gotten any better. rember this computer is freshley formated and there is nothing on it but win xp. if any one else has any ideas please let me know thanks :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thread Information