Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Weird problem with SP1 Win XP

Trouble is: When i'am going to install Sp1 i get a error saying that theres not enoght discspace on C:\.

Thing is that my C: is a partiation (dont know if this is spelled correctly). It has only 7.78 Mb.

How can i change SP1 install do store the files on one of my other harddrives?

Please help me :cry:

(Why won't anybody answer?):(

you need to have 148MB of disk space for a complete install from a network copy of SP1. There is no way you can install SP1 with a remaining disk space of 7.78MB. I wonder how your SWAP files are working with so less disk space. Anyways...if you want to have SP1 you need to have more space on your disk and only way i know to increase it is to format your HDD again...
    sorry...:(
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Thing is that I got 3 "drives" one partiation (7.78 Mb) and two other HDs with 20/40 Gb on. Windows is not on my C: (7.78) but on my D: (20 Gb). Cant i put all store files frpm Sp1 on the Windows drive. it seems wierd that it has to store files on C:\

Seems to me that SP1 is trying to unpack itself on drive C: by default. You can try the following steps and unpack it on a bigger drive...if it helps...well and good, otherwise i m stumped.

click Start --> Run...
    Type in the following command in the Open text box:

E:\XP-SP1.EXE /U /X:E:\XP-SP1
    now Click the Ok button

Here:-
    E: => The drive on which u have saved SP1 file and on which you want to unpack it. If possible try and keep the drive same as that having your windows installation.
    XP-SP1.EXE => Network installation file of SP1 on ur pc
    XP-SP1 => Folder on the drive in which u want to unpack SP1
    Write command exactly the way it is up there. Look for the spaces before /U and /X:. There is no space between /X: and E:\.

When the extraction is complete click ok and go to the folder XP-SP1. Look for the file UPDATE.INF in the folder.
    Right click the file and click on Install.
    It should install now...gud luck...:thumb:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Thread Information