Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Nothing Shows Up

I have installed xp 3 or 4 times already and this is the first time i have had a problem like this. I went installed xp pro on my old comp and it ran fine got in and got some programs runnin in there then i shut it down. Took it apart and put it in the next room. I tried to hook it up again today and nothing would show up on the monitor. Thinking it might have just been the monitor i hooked up the monitor i always use and it didnt work either. If anyone has any suggestions i would really appreciate them. Thanx

I'm guessing we're back to basics here?
    Make sure the video card is properly seated in the slot.
    Check all power cables etc. while your in there.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

it has onboard graphics. it everything seems to be fine in there. could the motherboard of messed up?

Swap the female ends of the computer and monitor cables in the sockets. This will verify the outlets and power cables if the problem does not migrate to the computer.

Thread Information