Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WinXP won't boot up

Yep its set to auto in the BIOS and it is detecting them

Beefy Guest

Hmmm.. well, i'm starting to run out of ideas. if it doesn't boot from a disk (have you tried booting from a bootable CD such as a windows CD or something?) and it rarely gets anywhere with a HDD, then it sounds very strange.

I have my windows CD in and a disk with the HD diagnostic stuff from WD in the A: drive, but it doesn't seem to be checking either drive

Beefy Guest

And you said you've got them set to boot from before the HDD.. Very very strange... I'll let ya know if I think of anything...

alright thanx
    Believe me, I've check to make sure that floppy and CDrom are set to boot before the HDD a bazillion times :(

Okay I had a same thing happen to two systems that I worked on for people. Took the whole dang thing apart thought it was the power supply and tried another board and CPU as I added expansion cards it turned out the sound card was bad. Booted up fine and is still going. The system had a bad modem.

Maybe this will help.

I've wondered about my sound card and did try removing but it didn't help. I'll try again along with my other cards

k, I've taken out my Sound Card, network card, and swapped out my video card to no avail. I also tried changing my slave drive to master drive and that didn't help either :(

Man then I don't know, sorry.

Well here is one more idea. You may need to get a new bios chip from Abit. Had you flashed the bios prior to this maybe it's the wrong version or something. I know my epox recommends that you don't flash it while you have it over clocked (did you do that)?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information