Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WinXP won't boot up

I did flash my bios with a new version a few weeks ago and just checked Abits website and my comp to be sure that I did update to the proper version, I did. I've never OC'd my comp

Perhaps it had an error during the flash I would contact ABIT and get a new chip, if you can.

I've now tested my HDD in my parents computer and YEA!!! it works just fine. So yep its the motherboard most likely

Hi folks,
    my present problem is, that there is no way to LogOn after Install SP1. Every time I´m going to LogOn, the System reboot itself.
    Enviro: AMD 1300 Thund., 768 MB DDR, MSI K7 Master, MSI gForce 2 MX400, AddOn-Cards: Abit ATA100, LAN, Fritz, USB 2.0, SB-Live
    OS-Systems: 98, 2k, XP (Multiboot) div. Apps
    Update-Procedure:
    1) XP-Key change (OK)
    2) Install SP1 (OK)
    3) prompt to reboot (done)
    => System bootup until LogIn-Screen; after confirming an Account the System reboot itself.
    Note: I have had heared that there are problems with gForce-Adapters (File "hal.dll" whitch is changed by SP1). So, I tried to solve the problem by deinstall the gForce-Adapter (in the XP-Safemode), but it wasnt succsessfull.

Are there any other ideas or solutions ?

I'm having a very similar problem, and it's only after installing some XP updates....

I've read that if you turn off auto reboot and allow XP to go into BSOD on boot up it may give you a clue to what is causing the problem.

Haven't done it yet, can't figure out how to get the system back up if it doesn't reboot...

I am able to get my puter up if I go into safe mode and then reboot from there. Seems I'm only affected by a cold start.

Wiggo and a few others have recommended that I take out my memory and reseat it along with my other PCI cards... I plan on trying that this weekend.

Hi G Smith,
    You´re right, if you are going to disable the auto reboot option to allow XP to go into BSOD. Then you can get further informations to solve the problem. To me it was a device driver. Don’t destroy your PC hardware before you have checked out the following steps.
    First, disable the auto reboot option in XP. Therefor you have to run XP in safemode or XP without SP1 and open "my Computer". Then select “advanced settings”. There you can find the “boot and recover” Settings (Sorry, I´m not sure if i is realy called "boot and recover" because I have a german version of XP) and disable the auto reboot option.
    Next time you´re going to boot up XP with SP1 there will be a BSOD with informations concerning bad devices or grafics adapter. Now, run xp in safemode again and disable these devices. To me it was the audio device driver “sysaudio.sys”. After disabling these devices, SP1 will works. Hopefully you will be successful if you check out this way.
    Regards from
    fastrunner

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information