Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Memorize window locations

The way I have my windows set as in explorer windows like my computer my documents or just random folders that I got. I like them set as list and the default size that they came as. I have a folder called internet on my desktop which have all my internet utilities. I like it a smaller window and the icons are "icons". However usually it behaves well but every couple days sometimes twice in one day it'll reset itself and change its own settings to what I have all my other windows set to. Is there something that I can do to prevent this from happeneing? Be it a registry tweak or something. Thanks

no registry tweak for u demon...sorry to disappoint u...;)
    chose the folder u want to set ur view for.
    go to view-->customize this folder...
    chose the view u want to set from drop down menu saying..."Use this folder type as template". Click against "Also apply this template to all subfolders"...click apply and ok.
    does it work for u...?
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Ok this is really getting on my nerves!! It just changed like 5 times today! It does this by itself! lol

WHy is it changing by itself?!!??!?!?!? :confused:

doesn't it allow you to set a custom folder view for that folder?

i belive you need to go to folder options and make sure remember each folder's view is checked to get it working..

kewl point DigitalDD...:thumb:
    well about "why is it changing itself?" is that whenever you visit a folder that has its view set as "list" you get list view for the next folder you open or anything like that. You gotta get windows to remember view for each folder individually and Digital just told you how to do that.
    Another thing that comes to my mind is that have you got your system set as not to save settings for you at the time of log off?
    If you have got that, you need to switch that on again so that windows remembers what settings you had got at the time of your last log off.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

nah it always saves....even though I never really change everything and ya I have it set to memorize window settings or whatever.

And in answer to me visitiing.......its completely random. Its frequency ONCE becuase so frequent that it made it a list I changed it clsoed the window down. ANd opened it up IMMEDIATLY and it was changed back to list.

:mad: as I type this its a list right now!!!!

The tweak to fix this is in my 2nd XP Guide. Sorry I'm torturing you guys by going on about it, but it really is only 2 more days or so before it hits the net!

Thread Information