Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: SP1 CDKey changer help

I used this program to change my cd key a few weeks ago, it worked fine. Then I somehow corrupted my Microsoft kernel audio file so I tried to reinstall sp1 from the exe file i downloaded, but I got an error half way through. So then I try to open the cdkey changer and go through the process from the article again but the program wont open anymore... It just closes as the dos window opens... does anyone know whats wrong?

anyone please? :( I need to reinstall the sp1 :(

This is the error I get when I try to install the SP1.

SP1 Setup Error: Setup could not verify the integrity of the file Update.inf. Make sure the Cryptographic service is running on this compter.

All I can think of, is that you have disabled a service on WinXP startup, you can change this by going onto Start, then run, and type in 'msconfig' and click 'Run'.

I'm not on a WinXP computer at the moment, so this is all from memory, try looking for a Services Tab, and click on it.

It should come up with loads of writing and boxes next to them, below all of that, it should have a button saying something around 'Enable all services' click it, and click on 'OK'.

Now it should as you if you want to restart your computer, click 'Yes' and wait till it loads up, now try the Service Pack, if it still doesn't work, try downloading it again, because I got a similar problem once, and downloading it again solved it.

Hope it works! :thumb:

Tyvm for replying, I will give that a shot..

I'm have the exact same problem, both before and after changing key numbers. I tried Cloud Strife's solution and it did not solve the problem.

By default cryptographic services are always started on a XP pro comp (i can only tell u abt pro, as i have it on my pc). now i presume that u don't have cryptographics stopped as u never did it deliberately, so the problem is not some of the service. try this...if it doesn't help then u have a corrupted download of SP1... :(
    click Start --> Run...
    Type in the following command in the Open text box:

C:\XP-SP1.EXE /U /X:C:\XP-SP1
    now Click the Ok button

Here:-
    C: => The drive on which u have saved SP1
    XP-SP1.EXE => Network installation file of SP1 on ur pc
    XP-SP1 => Folder on the drive in which u want to unpack SP1
    Write command exactly the way it is up there. Look for the spaces before /U and /X:. There is no space between /X: and C:\.

When the extraction is complete click ok and go to the folder XP-SP1. Look for the file UPDATE.INF in the folder.
    Right click the file and click on Install.
    If you still get the same error...you gotta have a new SP1...
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

I followed the instructions posted by 'asklepios' and it made no difference. I checked the computer and 'cryptographic service' is set to 'automatic' so I assume all is well there. I still get the same message when I try the install sp1 either from the downloaded copy of sp1 or from the windows update site. Thanks for your patience, but what now?

I finally found the answer that worked for me at Microsoft. Anyone else with this problem should try

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;326815

It's easy and solved my problem. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Thread Information