Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: System Date Error message - Please Help...........

I'm using Windows Xp proffessional. One day a kid in my house changed my system Date(year) to 2010. After that the kid restarts the computer. After 2 days I started the pc normally and noticed the system date and I changed to 2002. Then I tried to open an explorer window, then an error message appears that

"Your System clock appears to have been set back, possibly in an attempt to defeat the security system on this program. Please correct your system clock before trying to run this program again."

If I change the system Date(year) to 2010. Everything works fine.
    But I don't like to change the system date to 2010.

Still it is in 2002. When ever I try to open an explorer window or internet explorer window. This error message appears and I click the ok button and the explorer window opens.

Everytime the error message appears. Its very annoying for me.

Any one Please Help me...........................

I will be very grateful to you.

Regards
    Karthik Nataraaj.:cry:
    <hr>
    Intel P4 1.6Ghz, 256 MB RAM, 40GB HDD, WinXP Proffessional OS

Ouch!

I'm going to hazard a guess here.

You have some conflicting time/date stamps on files.
    You could try setting the correct date in your system, then doing a Find for all files & folders created/modified between tomorrow and 12/31/2011

Could be quite a list!

Remove all those files that are more than a couple of hours into the future.

Of course, this will result in some files that will need to be saved and replaced, in so far as files you have created.

Possibly, applications will need to be reloaded.

And yes, worst of all, if you should be forced to remove any necessary system files you WILL be forced to reinstall the operating system.

It is definitely a possibility that it would save you a lot of time and effort to just reinstall Windows.

Sorry, but if someone has a better idea, I'm all ears:?:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

never faced this problem...:?: ...but can't u try flashing ur bios or even remving ur MB battery for that matter?
    i think that should work. well just a suggestion...doesn't hurt if it might save a fresh install.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Thread Information