Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Mouse and keyboard wont powerdown when computer is off???

P4 1.6
    512 ddr
    win xp pro
    Ibm keyboard
    Logitech optical mouse

When i shutdown the computer the lights on the keyboard stay on and the optical light for the mouse remains on also. Anyone know if this is normal or if there is a way to power them all off.

this is normal i know that most of the Asus motherboards come with this feature. Basically you can start your computer by pressing the space bar or the mouse or any number of keys that can be set up in the Bios. The lights will only be on and the startup feature enabled if you shut your computer down and dont turn off the power bar or upplug the computer from the wall to make the lights turn off. if you turn the power off then back on the lights will be off and you have to manualy press the start button the the PC

Thanks for the reply. Do you know of any way to turn that feature off? I would rather have all lights off upon shutdown.

Thanks again

Check where power feature settings are in ya BIOS. You'll find things like "power on by WAN", "power on by keyboard", etc. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Beefy Guest

That shouldn't keep the mouse lights on though...

I cannot find any such settings in my bios. Weird huh??

Any replies appreciated!!

HI, I have the same problem. I just put a switched power point in and use it to shut the mouse, monitor and modem off with one hit.

Windows shuts down by pressing the power button on the computer OR going through the start menu.

The computer starts again when I turn on the switched power point and there is no need to touch the power on the comp.

I checked with the shop and they too said it was a normal feature on some computers. Peace Mal
    Peace Mal

Thread Information