Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problems with 7"LCD and Windows

OK I'm building a PC for my car. I bought a 7" LCD monitor for it. First off I'm running XP, and when I start the computer everything is displayed properly. Then when the GUI comes up, it starts scrolling like the resolution is wrong. I've adjusted down to 640x480, and no go. But here is the kicker, when I boot into safe mode it works fine. So what is the deal. What is the display setting in safe mode? I thought it was 640x480. Any help is appreciated.

What is the native resolution of the monitor? Find that out and ya question is answered (but at 7" I'd think that the resolution would be smaller). ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Yeah I forgot to include that. It's 800x480. But it works fine when in safe mode. Thats what's got me puzzled. I just want to know how to set XP to load whatever the settings are in safe mode to run normally.

In that case change your video card to a standard PCI VGA adaptor as that's the drivers that safe mode uses. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

i think its a trouble with how many colors you are using under safe mode it uses like 16 colors or 256 colors and when you are under regular mode it can use true color so i would adjust the color settings lower

i think its a trouble with how many colors you are using under safe mode it uses like 16 colors or 256 colors and when you are under regular mode it can use true color so i would adjust the color settings lower and try if that works

Actually I've figured it out. I first tried just the standard VGA drivers, and that did work, but the video capture card was a little jerky. This is an intergraded VIA Tech VT8601 Graphics card. So after some playing around I just disabled the default monitor, and it works fine now. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to make the display area take up the whole screen. While monitors have the ability to adjust to fit the screen, this LCD doesn't. So I have about 1/2" of wasted display on all four corners. But at least I'm this far. Thanks

Thread Information