Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XPProCorp-keyChanger cannot work

hi i cant use the XPProCorp-keyChanger software (it doesnt work properly : after the dos based window closed, nothing happens, while there should be the activation window)

thx

Depending what copy of XP pro your using. All you getwhen in windows will be the background screen, the rest doesn't function as it's removed, was deemed ozone material.

To do a key change there are 2 registry entries that have to go. But the next problem is that you can't generate the numbers that xp does unless you do a re-install and put the new key in. If you didn't delete the two reg entries XP will call any key thats entered illegal unless it's the same as before. If you want the registry keys than post your email and you'll get em.

Also, if you know someone that has a different product key and wants to share, it's these two reg entries that must be changed. One is the hash generated from the key (the key is contained within the hash) and the other less important is the obvious generated key that appears when you rt clk My Computor-Properties.

Keith
    hkb q8:{ }8p

hi keith, my email is ferdinan_w@hotmail.com, and thx for ur help =)

Keith I would like registry keys
    pico000@lycos.com THX

just follow this guide. works perfect :D
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/grant2k...TUT_serial.htm

tell me if it works for u all :devil:

Try the Magic Jelly Bean Keyfinder and changer. http://www.magicaljellybean.com

Guys, it all started cause some with XP Pro Corp version DON'T have the full wizard that goes with the msoobe.exe /a program. If you have the full wizard than you won't know or understand the difference. Those without the full wizard will just get a blank screen.

The links you both gave are great, but if it won't work for a few the above is the reason why. I have seen both versions, with and without and do know the difference. Having a Pro Corp version is reason enough to omit this if you think about it.

If I understood how the hash is made, it's a simple matter of placing code into the 3 registry keys! As simple as 98 was...

I truly hope your links help these guys, I know some have seen similiar. I got bombed with requests. It means that to many users don't have the oobe wizard.

After looing at the links there are also scripts that don't make that don't seem to make the call. Looks like these will work for the rest that have any problem.

Best to you all,
    Keith

How does one determine if he has the wizard or not beforehand ?

When you run the msoobe.exe routine with proper switches, a window pops up. If the wizard is there everything will just flow, if the wiz guy is not there, then just the window opens but remains blank.

I hope this helps. Off the top I don't remember the switches for running oobe.exe from the 'run' command line. But there are links here (this forum) and many others that can give you the complete command. That no one ever mentions that the wizard might not be there is strange enough as there are enough people who were struck with just the blank page when running oobe.exe.

Best and good luck,
    Keith

Keith,

I have trouble changing the key also.
    I finished the whole xpcorp-changer program, after update, the key just stay the same.

Please send me the two registry entries you mentioned earlier. May be I can tweak it to work.
    Will post back the result.

Thanks
    tino_tiko@yahoo.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information