Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Installing drivers! HELP!!!!

I just reformated my computer today and when I try to install any drivers I get this error.
    "This software you are installing for this hardware:"
    has not passed Windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with windows XP.
    bla bla bla this may impair or destabalize your system.............etc

What is windows logo testing and why does it come up for every driver I install?
    Please help me thanks

Have you checked for updated drivers at your hardware manufacterers' web sites?

Have you tried installing anyway? (there are some cases where the manufacturer tells you to do so -- best to hear it from them though first.)

You might try running Windows setup again, perhaps a file isn't quite up to par. (Why, Oh Why, must we always install Windows twice??)

_______Are you able to read the driver CD's in explorer?
    Perhaps Windows is having a problem with your CD-ROM drive??

Just a few quick thoughts on the matter, hope it helps.

EDIT; Make sure that driver signing is not blocking the installation of the drivers. Right-click on my computer and go to properties. Click on the hardware tab and then the driver signing tab. Make sure that "block all unsigned drivers" is not checked, then try to install the drivers.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Quote Originally Posted by Ec
    -[oMaN]
    I just reformated my computer today and when I try to install any drivers I get this error.
    "This software you are installing for this hardware:"
    has not passed Windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with windows XP.
    bla bla bla this may impair or destabalize your system.............etc

What is windows logo testing and why does it come up for every driver I install?
    Please help me thanks
    That message is simply telling you that Microsoft, in it's infinite wisdom, has not tested that specific driver or driver version and certified that it will be stable with the XP system. I've gotten that message a number of times, but have never had any problems after simply ignoring that message.

However, that's not to say the driver could cause a problem. Even if microsoft tested it "perfectly", it may still cough and hack for the hell of it.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Thread Information